Thursday, May 1, 2008

Teaching


Started teaching the nursing school students yesterday! From 12pm to 2pm I gave my first lecture - "Anatomy of female reproductive system".
When I walked into the classroom it was difficult to keep a straight face because all of the students (twenty) stood up and greeted me as I made my way into the classroom.....something perhaps American students should do too? :)
Every lecture is preceded by a prayer and then greetings between teacher and students.
Luckily I prepared enough information to teach for 2 hours though this was difficult.
I took before and after pictures of my class to see if you can identify how many students were sleeping after the lecture, but I was happy to see only one student nodding off at the end :) So I agreed with the principal to give lectures to the second year students once a week for 2 hours.......it is a little bit of work to prepare the lectures but a great review for me and fun to teach these students!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome that you are teaching!!! I'm excited for you!