Sunday, September 21, 2008

New house in Lindi


I like my new house. Its pretty spacious - 3 bedrooms, two baths, living room and kitchen. The water isn't working yet, but hopefully the plumber will come on Monday. The house is mostly furnished, there's sofas in the living room and bed and dresser in the bedroom, but i'm still waiting on a couple of pieces of furniture to come this week.

I love the backyard, its really a lot of space. There are two mango trees and two banana trees. In one of the pictures you can see the back of my house from the the backyard. In the front, there is a little cabana like house that is supposed to house the "askari" - guard, however, I haven't hired a guard, yet, I like to use this space for outdoor cooking or reading, etc.

There's a dog house! Sadly, though, they told me that my dog ran away! I was so sad to hear this bit of news. Though at least i won't have to worry about feeding a dog or listening to any barking noise at night. If I find anyone selling puppies, i might have to get one.


The pictures above = the little cabana like space in the front yard where an askari can work (= sleep). The other picture is the front of my house.

There is a large gate that surrounds the house and the white gate with black doors is the "front" of the gate.



Above = the dog house. The picture above the dog house is a view of the back of my house from the backyard. Its probably a hundred yards of space surrounded by a gate.



Mangos waiting to fall. There still not yet ripe, maybe by next month

banana trees



The bed in the "master bedroom" The two other bedrooms do not have furniture in them yet, hopefully this week.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad to see pictures of your new house. The mango and banana trees look great! Happy New Year!