Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Marking their territory

Don't let their innocent faces fool you. These dogs have their own agenda and are becoming attention seeking, hyperactive, and severely dependant.
The other day I made the mistake of inviting the three of them inside my house. They were hesitant at first but after a few small fish treats, they made themselves at home. This evening, the three dogs snuck in through my front door. Bush starting gnawing away at my table, McCain was sniffing around under the sofas and Obama was busy urinating in front of the bookshelf! I sent them outside and locked the door to punish them for their unacceptable behavior!

On a separate note, work's going well. Its been busy with many patients! This afternoon we had an emergency c-section due to acute heavy bleeding in a 7 mo pregnancy due to placenta previa. Fortunately the baby did well. We took another patient to the OR this afternoon for currettage due to retained products and suspected placenta accreta after a normal delivery.

Tomorrow's a ward round day and Friday is supposed to be another OR day but there is a visiting surgeon in town from Dar Es Salaam who is operating for 3 days.

Unsettling week a bit because I lost my cell phone. I'm pretty sure I left it on the table in the guest house in Ndanda last weekend. I realized my phone was lost when I woke up from a nap on the dala dala (small bus) back to Lindi. At first I thought the guy sitting next to me stole it, but I checked his contact list and saw unknown list of people. So I figure that my phone must be in Ndanda. And there's no answer when I call so its looking like I'll have to buy a new phone :(

Jioni njema na kwa heri kwa sasa (Good evening and good bye for now!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cool.

Anonymous said...

very nice! hahahahaha