Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Future AMOs

Future AMOs (Assistant Medical Officers) of Tanzania. In about 6 months this class of 43 students will graduate and become Assistant Medical Officers. I have been teaching these students every Tuesday and Thursday for the last month on various ob/gyn topics. The majority of students seem to have a fairly good understanding of the material which I have taught so far, based upon the questions that they ask; however, I haven't given the students any examinations...yet, so I have no objective data to support my efforts. When the students are not in class they are rotating in various wards and clinics in the hospital in a curriculum which you might compare to that of 3rd year US medical students.
The picture above was taken at the end of my lecture today on cervical cancer....I'm always happy to see that everyone's eyes are open at the end of a lecture, especially since I lecture in the afternoons right after lunch!

No comments: