Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Itinerary


A little bit of good news today-
I was told by my PSO (program support officer) that my accomodations and itinerary in Ndanda has been confirmed.
So this Sunday I'm going to return to Dar Es Salaam for 4 more days of "in-country" briefings and then I'm scheduled to fly to Mtwara on the 31st. In Mtwara I'll meet one of the volunteer leaders who will go with me to Ndanda to get settled in my house.
I know the house is located on the hospital compound and has electricity, and internet connectivity, so I should have my laptop and skype hooked up by then. If you don't have skype, then sign up because calls are free.
Tonight is a dinner out with all of the volunteers and the VSO staff who drove from Dar today. We're going to "Dragonaire's" - a bar/restaurant that serves the best food I've had in this town so far. After Dragonaire's we're going to Kuhumu's Night Park (also known as "The Cheesy Club") because of its "cheesy" night club ambiance. The "Cheesy Club" is a bar with a few pool tables and a large dance floor that often is filled with Tanzanian's who love to dance until early morning!
I go purely to "study" the night life and culture in Tanzania....

2 comments:

dhorlic said...

Hope you enjoyed dinner. Safe travels.

melodeenovak said...

hope you enjoyed studying the night life,,,,,,,next time we see you you will have to teach us what you learned.