Tuesday, January 8, 2008

B-Day, January 7th





My B-day was pretty uneventful:( (January 7th - in case you forgot:).
I went to work as usual and then had dinner at the Abbey Guesthouse. Eggs and rice :( pretty pathetic b-day dinner. After dinner I had a couple glasses of nice wine but then developed a bad headache:(....
It was the first time I've celebrated my B-day in the middle of the summer.... and in 30 degrees (celcius:)!

The picture is from Zanzibar....I'm hoping one day I can upload the rest of the pictures, and not go over my internet limit!

On call tomorrow again. Getting into routine here which is nice. Non-call days i am done by 3/4ish and on the bike and swimming by 5. Nights are very quiet! Have to find new books to read or new DVD's to watch.

No travel plans in the near future. Neighbors are going back to Dar in a couple weeks for a conference for volunteers who have been here over a year.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great that you got to have your birthday in the summer! Nice pic :-)

Unknown said...

Ironically...it has been like 60-70 degrees here this week until today!

Wish we had pictures or video of the contest. It all happened so fast and we were not prepared for it so our camera was left in the hotel room!

It was hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday from both of us!!!!!