Monday, January 21, 2008

Black cloud



I'm beginning to think I'm a black cloud when it comes to trauma cases because I only get called from the male surgical ward in the middle of the night. Last week I ended call with a stab wound to the lower abdomen, evisceration of small bowel. The other night two patients came in just after I fell asleep around midnight - stab wounds to the head and arms. For a country that is relatively peaceful there sure is plenty of violence (at least in Southeastern Tanzania during the middle of the night).
I took this picture the other day while walking back from dinner just before sundown, reminiscing about my last call night suturing scalp wounds in the theatre...Once the sun goes down the clouds do look a little black :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

and justin always complains about the violence in dc! interesting that there are stabbings there too! be careful (did you pack your glock?!?). :)