Monday, November 10, 2008

Murphy's Law on Life in Lindi

If it hasn't been written already, I'd like to add a new 'Law' to the famous 'Murphy's Law's on Life', that being: "Water will only leak from your toilets and sinks AFTER the plumber leaves your house". This was the case in my house the other day. After waiting all day for the plumber to arrive, he finally came and "installed" my water system. When the work was done, the toilets were flushing, water was flowing from the faucets in the kitchen and in the bathroom and the showers even had good water pressure. I paid the plumber 20,000 Tsh (about $20) and left to go to town to run a few errands. When I returned home I found water leaking out of two of the toilets in the bathroom into the hallway and into one of the guest rooms. Fortunately none of my possessions were damaged and the water didn't cause any damage to the house. I spent my evening mopping up water.

Fortunately I managed to get in touch with the plumber to inform him of the results of his 'brilliant' work, only to be told that he wouldn't be able to return to fix the problem until later in the week! I guess I should be fortunate that I now have running water, even if it is on the floor and in my hallways :)
(photo courtesy of www.greekshare.com)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very funny! You made my day Neil!!