Friday, January 2, 2009

Welcoming the New Year


Happy New Year! I spent New Year's on the beach at Santorini Bar with colleagues. We had a few drinks and then after midnight went next door to "Magereza's Social Club" to dance to some "bongo" flavor music.
The first of January is a National Holiday so I spent most of yesterday relaxing. I went into the hospital in the morning to check on a few patients.
Today was a busy day with two operations, one TAH for a woman with symptomatic fibroids followed by a vaginal hysterectomy, a/p colporrhaphy for a woman with pelvic organ prolapse. Both operations went well. There were a bunch of patients to scan at ultrasound and then I made a quick stop in the ward to check on patients.
My internet is finally back after about a week and a half of no internet because the land line was not functioning. But with luck, the one and only TTCL technician was able to fix the problem.
This weekend will be relaxing. I'm in the process of trying to plan my trip back to the States. Looks like I will be able to make it early February for three or four weeks. I hope my friends and family are going to be free next month....hint.
Happy New Year, I hope the new year is a happy and healthy one for everyone:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! Can't wait to see you soon :-)

Melodee said...

wow hope you come to chicago