Friday, January 23, 2009

A Day of Mourning


I am feeling so depressed! I woke up this morning, started getting ready for work, and just as I was finishing my breakfast, my guard informed me that one of my dogs, Bush died! I went outside and there she was lying dead next to the dog house:( I was literally dumbfounded and shocked to see her lying dead.
Last night Bush and Obama had snuck out beneath my fence and wandered around. Obama came back very late last night around 10pm looking ill. Bush didn't return until sometime during the middle of the night and then was found dead this morning!
Meanwhile I went to work and tried to be productive while feeling depressed and wondering how my dog could have died! A little later in the morning I got a phone call from my housekeeper that another one of my dogs, Obama, was looking very sick. I went to the market to buy some dog medicine and when I got back home, I found Obama dead! He was lying next to the dog house, dead!
My last dog, McCain was the only one who didn't sneak out last night and she is healthy as far as I can tell.
It sounds "cheezy" to say, but I am really choked up and feeling very sad about losing two of my dogs (on the same day!). I was really attached to them after only four months! And what really kills me is seeing McCain run around the property looking for her brother and sister!! I am embarrased to say that I was almost in tears this afternoon....
Who knows what happened when Bush and Obama snuck out last night but something terrible must have happened. Both dogs were doing fine just a couple of days ago! I was thinking that possibly they may have acquired a terrible stomach virus after eating part of a dead animal last week, but there is something to be said about both dogs dying one after another after being outside my property last night.
The last dog that I had, Lucy, passed away a number of years ago and I forgot how painful it is to loose a dog...... its like loosing a family member! And to loose two dogs on the same day is painful!
Who knows what a dog's memory is like but I think McCain must know that her brother and sister are dead because she saw my security guard carrying Bush's body outside the property this morning and she walked with me while I carried Obama outside later in the morning. I just hope she doesn't have such a good long term memory!
I'm trying to keep my mind off of the tragedy today. But its hard! One of my drivers asked if I will get new dogs....the thought of getting new dogs hadn't even crossed my mind. Its too painful to get attached to these dogs and then loose them!
I'm sorry to leave this blog on such a sad note, I'll try to cheer up and post something on a more positive note next time :)

5 comments:

dhorlic said...

I am so sorry :-(

Anonymous said...

Hey Neil...We are really sorry to hear the bad news. I know how it feels.

-Kevin and Lana

Anonymous said...

We're so sorry to hear about your dogs. It is so hard and sad :-(

Anonymous said...

:( ,,From monkey

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your dogs.

Lilian